It is not the first time, nor will it be the last. Unfortunately, WhatsApp surprises us from time to time with his system crashing and just at that moment, we can think of a thousand things to say, send or read urgently! What do I do now? How long will it take to restore service? Will many people be talking to me? How do I communicate with my work group? “I would have to answer this conversation… They need this photo…”, are some of the thoughts that assail us in those seconds after the app crashed.
Luckily, there are other alternatives that you can have for when this happens or to use interchangeably at the same time as WhatsApp, since they have other functions that can help you when doing your job, for example. Here we are going to talk about Telegram (the app chosen by many users when it comes to sharing groups in which to pass large files) or Line (more aimed at leisure than the previous one).
What is Telegram?
- Telegram is an instant messaging application that, like WhatsApp, allows you to stay in touch with other people. It has fewer users but there are already more than 100 million who have joined its family. What are the pros for using it?
- It includes very original and different animated gifs and stickers in the application itself, while WhatsApp has emoticons and animated gifs must be sent as videos.
- It is totally free.
- It allows you to create groups and make calls but not video calls.
- You will be able to send all kinds of attachments (it supports all formats) without reducing their size. Its competition does it by reducing it and there are some formats that it does not allow (for example TXT or DOCS).
- It is possible to search and talk with contacts from your mobile phone but also with those you do not have saved, you will only have to search for them by their username. Is it the reason why many use it for their work chats?
- You can have the application installed on any device: computer, tablet, mobile… And the conversations are instantly synchronized, so that if a file is sent to you by mobile, it can also automatically reach your computer. At this point, WhatsApp is light years behind with the web and desktop version that it developed relatively recently.
The best of Line
- Without a doubt, the best of Line are its original stickers. It has very different collections (from personalized soccer team ones to famous brands like ‘ La moderna de pueblo ‘, going through all sorts of nice large and animated drawings). However, it also has other features that will make it a good alternative to WhatsApp:
- The application is totally free.
- Unlike WhatsApp, here you can add a person as a contact by name or bidi code.
- It is not necessary to register with your phone but you can do it with your Facebook account.
- Allows you to create groups and make video calls.
- It has a lot of added applications focused on leisure: camera, games, drawing and allows you to customize your profile with colors and templates.